The main things to consider are:
* Skill Level: Is this suitable for my current ability?
* Videos: Most people find it easier to learn when shown what to do. If you are going to successfully learn guitar, videos are a must
* Audio: Do you get examples of what you are learning or are you just expected to read some guitar tablature (common guitar notation) and work it out? Do you get jam tracks (music to play along to) to help you along?
* Theory: Does this provide you with any knowledge on WHY you are playing what you are playing?
* Technique: Does the package cover correct physical technique (this is more important than you think)
* Structure: Are you left on your own and just given a bunch of links to lessons, or does the guitar website give you a structured path through their guitar courses that will help you learn faster? Just like in school, if you want to learn guitar you need a plan.
* Downloads: Are you supplied with any downloads, such as free software or e-books?
* Personal: Sometime you need a real person. Do you have access to anyone directly?
* Guarantee: If it’s not what you want can you get a refund?
* Cost: Think you’ll find a guitar course that is any good for free? Forget it. But some are cheaper than others and will help you play guitar faster than the rest.
Three of the best available are:
* JamPlay – Jamplay is making a big impact in the online guitar lesson world. Jamplay offers a membership only website which broadcasts high-definition video guitar lessons. They have brought together guitar instruction with interactivity… even allowing you to ask questions to their video instructors. They feature 17 guitar instructors (and growing) to give you a variety of teaching methods, which is a huge advantage.
* Jamorama – The Jamorama team have developed a new version of the massively popular learn guitar course that has set the standard for online and downloadable guitar courses. The new versions of the two books, Jamorama Beginners and Jamorama Advanced, are already proving to be one of the most popular guitar learning guides on the market. Jamorama has 64 new video examples and exercises. That makes 148 videos in all that perfectly compliment the five exclusive computer games and ebooks that come in the Jamorama Learning Kit.
* Elmore Music – Elmore Music’s latest «Speed Learning System» is made up of GuitarTips, GuitarSongs, GuitarLeads, GuitarBackingTracks as well as GuitarTheory – all in the one package! Designed to give the user the ultimate learning tool in one go – users have the option to purchase individual courses or the entire ‘Speed Learning System’ package deal.
Before you choose you need to be sure that the guitar lessons you pick match up with what you need and what you want.
There are many websites offering guitar courses. I suggest you check out my website listed below for some more in depth reviews of the best products on the market. Hopefully the above information will help you make the right decision for you.